|Export to pdf Export to doc|
Name of Activity:
Basketball Skill Stations
Purpose of Activity:The students will demonstrate mature form of the manipulative skills of dribbling, passing, and shooting.
Activity cues:Hand Dribbling, Lay Up, Bounce Pass, Chest Pass, Jump Shot
Prerequisites:Prior lessons have been taught on the dribble, bounce pass, chest pass, overhead pass, lay-ups, and jump shots.
Suggested Grade Level:3-5
Materials Needed:Basketballs, Hula Hoops to store basketballs at each station, Dots, Circle-Cones
Description of Idea
Basketball Skill Stations:
1) Dribbling - Students will dribble in and out of the circle-cones pathway.
2) Lay-Ups - Students will dribble from the established line and attempt to lay it up into the basket.
3) Bounce Pass - Students are placed on specified dots and bounce pass back and forth with a partner.
4) Chest Pass - Students are placed on specified dots and chest pass back and forth with a partner.
5) Jump Shots - Students will dribble to a designated spot and attempt to shoot a jump shot from the spot.
6) Overhead Pass - Students are placed on specified dots and overhead pass back and forth with a partner.
Teacher Checklist addressing the dribble, lay-up, bounce pass, chest pass, jump shot, and overhead pass
There are currently no comments to display. Be the first to add a comment!