|Export to pdf Export to doc|
Name of Activity:
Rock This Party (November 2011)
Purpose of Activity:To perform a 32-count line dance.
Suggested Grade Level:2-5
Recommended music:"Gonna Make You Sweat" by C & C Music Factory or "Rock This Party" by Bob Sinclair. The Bob Sinclair version works best and can be found on ITUNES on exercise albums by Allstars.
Beginning dance formation:Standing next to a desk or scattered in general space.
Description of Idea
Begin the dance when you hear in the music: "Everyone Dance Now!"
* Right hand on forehead and left arm straight behind while walking to the right four steps. On the 4th step, clap.
* Then to the left, left hand on forehead and right arm straight behind while walking to the left four steps. On the 4th step, clap.
* Bring arms in towards chest, make a broken T (count one) and pump arms out forward quickly for three counts.
8 counts: "Monkey Arms"
* Four counts to the right, four counts to the left.
* Step forward and diagonal on the right foot, with arms straight and forward move arms up and down for four counts.
* Repeat on the left side.
4 counts: “Pump Around”
* Pivot on the left leg while pumping the arms up and down. (With hands in fists, right arm punches straight up over the head, left arm bends with elbow pointing down, alternating move arms up and down for four counts).
* Turning around (pump 360 degrees around).
* Rock in place (swaying the hips right to left) or step forward with the right foot and swing arms side to side three counts and clap on count four. Then swing arms three times side to side while standing back up to center. On count four, slap sides of thighs.
* March in place or if you use the lunge forward move in previous step, then swing arms three times side to side while standing back up to center. On count four, slap sides of thighs.
Repeat the dance to the end of the music.
On the last eight counts students can choreograph their own movements and finish with a clap on the 8th count.