|Export to pdf Export to doc|
Name of Activity:
Purpose of Activity:To assess students rollerskating abilities.
Suggested Grade Level:4-5
Description of Idea
The assessment is a rubric I designed that covers the critical elements of the rollerskating skills that were taught.
I observe these skills/behaviors and record and at the end of skating they do the same checklist as a self assessment and then I compare theirs with mine.
Frequency is determined by me using tally marks when I see a student fall. When they fall I watch to see if they get up correctly according to the cues listed on the assessment sheet.
Some of the things I look for:
1) Knows/Does: Steps involved in standing up correctly
2) Falling down frequency and as to whether done correctly.
3) Do they get up correctly / incorrectly after a fall.
4) Stopping on the Signal: Always, sometimes, never stop on signal.
5) Special skills: backwards, corner crossovers, fluidity, going through cones.
6) Behavior: Keeps hands to self, doesn't bother others or make fun of others, skates safely, doesn't purposely fall down.