|Export to pdf Export to doc|
Name of Activity:
Team Timed Target Soccer
Purpose of Activity:Students will practice passing the ball accurately with the instep of foot.
Prerequisites:This game should be played immediately after the students learned how to pass a soocer ball with their instep. They should be able to strike the ball, so the ball rolls on the ground. This is done by making contact with the foot on the top half of the ball.
Suggested Grade Level:3-5
Materials Needed:If there are 24 Students, you will need 24 soccer balls and as many cones as you can get.
Description of Idea
1. Each student has his/her own soccer ball.
2. Cones are spread out all over the soccer field. On your "GO" signal, students dribble all around the field and knock down the cones by passing the ball into cones and knocking them over.
3. Time them to see how quickly the class can knock down all cones. Tell them their score (time) after each round.
4. Repeat the process to see if they can beat their time.
Between rounds, describe and demonstrate proper instep passing technique as a reminder.
Watch as they play to see if they are using their instep, if the balls are rolling on the ground when they strike the ball and if they are striking the ball accurately (cones are being knocked over).
1. Use larger targets.
2. Use larger balls (beachballs)