|Download as pdf|
Name of Activity:
Purpose of Activity:To learn the medical and common names for the bones of the skeletal system and the locations of these bones.
Suggested Grade Level:4th-5th
Materials Needed:Open classroom setting, flat life size paper or rubber skeleton separated into individual bones, large brown paper sack or garbage bag, prize items - stickers, stamp on hand, etc.
Description of Idea
- If student can name medical term for bone = 1 point.
- If they can name common term = 1 point.
- If they can place it on the floor in the correct space = 1 point.
- If they can not get all three points, the other team has a chance to steal those unearned points, or draw a new bone from the bag.
- If they draw and get all points on the bone that they drew, they can then go back and earn extra points by naming or placing previous unfinished bones.
Ten minutes prior to the end of class, place students in small groups and allow them to complete an erasable chart where they rename all bones or use matching.
In addition to the earning of knowledge points mentioned above, you might want to give students/teams the ability to earn extra points for sportsmanship. If you notice teams really supporting each other no matter if the student "messes up" give them extra points for that.
| MoreEmail Lesson
|Email Lesson||Download as pdf|
Submitted by Dama Hamrick who teaches at Wells Branch Elementary in Austin , TX . Thanks for contributing to PE Central! Posted on PEC: 5/18/2000.Viewed 49401 times since 8/24/2001.
There are currently no comments to display. Be the first to add a comment!