|Download as pdf|
Name of Activity:
Locomotor Scavenger Hunt
Suggested Grade Level:3-5
Materials Needed:Cones, Polyspots, colored cards (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) with different locomotor skills (run, skip, hop, walk, gallop, rest) written on them, Stopwatch
Description of Idea
• Place cones in a large circle to act as a perimeter
• Place the card, under polyspots, inside of the circle perimeter made of cones (spread them out randomly within the circle)
How to Play:
Students will start inside of the circle. Each student will flip over a polyspot and grab the card underneath.
• the green card means GALLOP,
• the red card means REST,
• the blue card means HOP on one leg,
• the yellow card means RUN,
• the purple card means WALK
• the orange card means SKIP
The student will keep the card with them while they perform that locomotor skill around the cone perimeter. If they get the rest card, they will rest for 5-10 seconds Once they make it back to where they started, they will go back into the circle, place the card under an empty polyspot and then pick up a new card (once they flip over a poly spot, they have to take that card!) the goal is to get at least 3 different locomotor skills during the game.
Make up a poster of what each card means so that the kids could look at that when they pull a card.
Make sure to write the name of the skill on the card to integrate reading into the lesson too.
| MoreEmail Lesson
|Email Lesson||Download as pdf|
Submitted by Janessa Butler in Suisun, CA. Thanks for contributing to PE Central! Posted on PEC: 7/8/2016.Viewed 13177 times since 5/13/2016.