|Export to pdf Export to doc|
Name of Activity:
Recess Kicking and Dribbling
Purpose of Activity:For students to practice soccer dribbling, trapping, and kicking with strong force.
Prerequisites:Students have already learned the basics of dribbling, trapping and kicking with strong force.
Suggested Grade Level:3-5
Materials Needed:Various size soccer balls, cones for marking goals around the perimeter of the gym or field.
Description of Idea
This activity works best in a gym or fenced in area. Before class, set goals up around the perimeter of the gym measuring approximately 10-15 feet apart. Students find a self-space with a soccer ball. The teacher will call out:
- "Recess!": Dribble the ball in the general space.
- "Razzle dazzle!": Hop back and forth from the left to the right foot lightly touching the ball with the bottom of each foot.
- "Hi Teacher!": Trap the ball with the bottom of foot, face the teacher and say, "Hi Teacher!"
- "Pirate!": Steal one ball from another student and continue dribbling. (No one should be left without a ball.)
- "Bombs Away!": Dribble to a the closest goal and kick with strong force and accuracy into the goal.
On "Bombs Away!", remind students to kick accurately without hitting classmates. Only kick toward the goal when you have a clear line of sight to the goal.
There are currently no comments to display. Be the first to add a comment!