Name/Title: Choosing Appropriate PE Lessons Checklist
Suggested Grade Level: K-12
Description of Idea
The following checklist is a nice guide to use when choosing physical activities to use in your classes.
- Does the activity provide for differences in the skill levels of your students? (i.e., is it developmentally and/or instructionally appropriate?)
- Can all students be successful, and at the same time, challenged?
- Does the activity provide for maximum participation?
- Can you emphasize the "learnable piece" (i.e., cues, strategy) during the activity?
- Does the activity provide for maximum practice time?
- Can you teach your students what you want them to learn from the lesson using the chosen activity?
- Can you assess student learning?
Submitted by Eloise Elliott who teaches at Concord College in Athens, WV. Thanks for contributing to PE Central! Posted on PEC: 9/19/2001.
Visit S&S Discount
for all your physical education equipment and supplies!