If there is not a co-teaching situation then you may adapt this interactive worksheet to meet your individual needs.
2. Go to the link below. Read the short article and then answer the questions.
What activities are aerobic exercises?
3. Go to the link below. Read the information about finding your pulse. Then take your pulse in both spots and record it.
Carotid Artery (neck)
4. Go to the link below. This page tells you about your target heart rate zone. Read the article then use the Karvonen Formula to determine your target zone. Enter your age and resting heart rate that you found in number three and then click on “calculate”. Record you zone.
My Resting Heart Rate
My Maximum Heart Rate
My Minimum Training Heart Rate
My Maximum Training Heart Rate
5. This time find your target heart rate by doing the math yourself.
Use the formulas.
220-your age = (maximum heart rate)
220-your age-resting heart rate = * .60 + RHR = (minimum training heart rate)
220-your age–resting heart rate = *.80 + RHR = (maximum training heart rate)
Now…go to the gym and participate in aerobic activities. Try at least three different activities. Remember to take your pulse to make sure you remain in your target zone. When the teacher whistles, stop what you are doing and come back to the computer lab.
Welcome Back!!! We hope you enjoyed your aerobic exercises.
Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
6. What aerobic activities did you participate in?
7. What was your heart rate while you exercised? Explain how you found it.
8. Were you successful at staying in your zone? Explain how you know.
9. What is the most important thing you learned during today’s lesson?
Please print this assignment and hand it in to one of your teachers!