Cooperative Learning in Physical Education Presenters
This page features workshop presenters whose expertise is showing you how to teach cooperative skills while teaching PE.
Location: Mahtomedi, MN (Retired)
Grade Levels: K-12 PE / Cooperative Learning and Team Building
Willing to present locally, in the USA and Internationally. Can present throughout the year. Would enjoy doing 1/2, full day (6 hour) or 2 day workshops.
DONALD R GLOVER has taught Physical Education for fifty years. This experience includes Elementary, Secondary, Adapted, Preschool and University instruction. In 1981, Glover was recognized as Minnesota Teacher of the Year and in 1989 he was recognized as the state’s first Adapted Physical Education Teacher of the Year. He has written seven books, published numerous magazine and journal articles on Physical Education and sport and has been a clinician at more than 100 conferences and clinics. These clinics and conferences have been local, state, national and international. Don’s philosophy for this dynamic course is to “give teachers current practical information and content that they can immediately implement into their classroom curriculum. Glovers books include:
Team Building Through Physical Challenge---More Team Building Challenges
Competition/Cooperation---making the Link-----Character Education
Essentials of Team Building----40 Years in the Gym---Building Character, Community and a Growth Mindset in Physical Education
- 2010 Slovenia -- Team Building
- 2011 St. Louis -- 40 years in the gym
- 2015 Canada --Character Education - Saskatchewan
- Boston 2017--Building Character, Community and a Growth Mindset through Physical Education
- Affective domain and the importance of emphasizing this domain more---- Character Education and Community Building
- Team Building
- Character Ed
- Community Building in the classroom
- 40 years in the gym
- Interested in doing Keynote talks as well--Affective domain and the importance of emphasizing this domain more
character Education and Community Building
- And More...!
Location: Walker, MI (Grand Valley State University)
Grade Levels: K-12 PE and College PE
Teaching Experience: 22+ Years teaching experience
Presentation Experience: 17+ Years
Willing to present locally, in the USA and Internationally. Can present throughout the year.
Ingrid Johnson is an associate professor in the Movement Science Department at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, MI. She has been in education for over 24 years starting as a middle school teacher. She has taught PE to students in grades K-12 in several states as well as internationally. Ingrid had been teaching at the university level for 17 years. She has made over 50 presentations at the state, regional, national and international venues. Ingrid has served on the PE Central Editorial review board since 2003. She regularly conducts professional development workshops for teachers in the Grand Rapids, MI area. In 2014, Ingrid was awarded the Outstanding University Educator by the Michigan Association for Health, PE, Recreation and Dance. In 2007 she was presented with the University of Arizona College of Education Outstanding Service Award. In 2004 Ingrid was named by the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance as the Mable Lee Award recipient for Outstanding Young Professional.
- Johnson, I.L., Lewis, C.A., & Armstrong, T. (March 2017). 21st Century PETE Training:Preparing Generation Z to Use Technology in Teaching Half day session presented presentation at the annual conference of the Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America), Boston, MA.
- Walker, E. & Johnson, I.L. (March 2017). Building physically literate students through TGFU and Sport Education. Session (2 hour) presented at the annual conference of the Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America) Boston, MA.
- Johnson, I.L. (November 2014). Editorial board secrets to increasing your chances of getting published in Strategies. Session presented at the Michigan Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance conference, Lansing, MI.
- Lewis, C. & Johnson, I.L (August 30, 2013).Creating and Performing Assessment Tools for Physical Education. Provided to k-12 teachers at Ottowa ISD, MI.
- Teaching Games for Understanding
- Sport Education
- Creating and Performing Assessment Tools for Physical Education
- Supervision and Mentoring
- Adapted Physical Education: Modifying Activities for All Students
- Cooperative Learning Theory and Activities for MS/HS
- Grant Writing
- Motivating MS Girls in PE
- Teaching Generation Z students
- Writing manuscripts for publication
- And More...!
Houston, TX (Harvard Elem.)
K-12 Physical Education
Willing to present locally, in the USA and Internationally and is willing to do any length presentations. Can present year round.
Jorge Rodriguez is originally from McAllen, Texas and now lives in Houston. He attended the University of Houston where he was a high jumper on the track team and earned his Bachelors degree in Kinesiology with a minor in health. Jorge later went on to receive his Masters degree in Educational Leadership from American College of Education. He is currently a physical education teacher at Harvard Elementary (an IB and STEM magnet school) in the Houston Independent School District, and is a Lead Teacher and the KEY teacher for physical education for the district. He is also an active member in Texas AHPERD, and sits on the recreation and social media committees and chairs the diversity section. Jorge absolutely loves his profession and is dedicated to do all he can to make it better!
- June 2016 - Champ Camp, Half day seminar on constructivist approach in PE to an audience of 300 PE teachers.
- April 2016 - SHAPE National Convention, I presented a 2 hour session on using augmented reality in PE.
- March 2016 - California AHPERD, I was a guest presenter for Spark. I presented on Neuorscience, SOLO Taxonomy, and Cooperative Learning.
- December 2015 - Texas AHPERD, I presented on how to use social media for professional development.
- Neuroscience in PE
- Physical Literacy
- Cooperative Learning
- Teaching Games for Understanding (TGFU)
- Neuroscience in PE
Contact us at "email@example.com" or call at 678-764-2536 to learn more and book a workshop.