Activity: Mountain activity
Equipment: Any type of obstacle which
involves climbing up and down could represent this states
beautiful hills. Cards with directions
and numbers on for the order of the mountain climb
Formation: one line so one person goes at a time through the obstacle course of mountains, valleys, hills, etc.
- through the tunnel
- over potholes (jump in hoops of various sizes)
- walk on the mountain top (balance beam)
- go over small boulders (low hurdles to go over)
- jump rope 25 times (to pick up more oxygen so you can get to the top)
- run to certain area (might be the swing set)
- go in the tires
- if there is a basket, shoot a basket until it is made
- go across the horizontal ladder
- go through a refrigerator box
- go over a bale of hay
- go up the steps and down the slide
- finally got to the mountain top!
- swing for 50 counts to rest after the long trip
- go to the beginning
Once a student has gotten a certain distance through the course, the
next-in-line can begin.