|Download as pdf|
Name of Activity:
Suggested Grade Level:1-2
Materials Needed:Cones and pinnies
Description of Idea
Students must stay within the coned area while playing the game. In the first round, there will be one person that is "it" who will wear a pinny. Everyone must skip throughout the game and try to keep away from the student that is "it". Once a child is tagged, they must try to keep the tagger from getting everyone else. To do this they have to get in the taggers' way without enclosing, touching, or knocking him/her down.
Once everyone is tagged a new round is played and the teacher chooses two taggers. Continue to play the same way. Increase the number of students that are "it", by one, each new round.
- Everyone must skip at all times including the students that are "it".
- No one can bump, trip, encircle, or touch the taggers at any time.
- Those who are "it" must wear a pinny at all times.
- When a student is tagged they must put their hand in the air so taggers know who has, and who has not, been tagged.
- Once a child is tagged they do not tag others, but assist those who have not been tagged by helping to block the taggers.
Feel free to change the locomotor skills
Begin with more taggers as opposed to one
Start game over more freqently (don't wait until all children have been tagged)
| MoreEmail Lesson
|Email Lesson||Download as pdf|
Submitted by Angela Varone in East Stroudsburg, PA. Thanks for contributing to PE Central! Posted on PEC: 11/16/2003.Viewed 16933 times since 10/6/2003.
There are currently no comments to display. Be the first to add a comment!