|Download as pdf|
Name of Activity:
Individual Basketball Skills Card Warm-Up
Suggested Grade Level:3 - 5
Materials Needed:25 laminated cards with basketball skills that can be done individually with the number of reps to be performed. Music
Description of Idea
I scatter the cards either in the center of the space or around the outside perimeter of the area we are using. As students enter they get a ball and go to their own personal space in the gym.
When the music begins the students run to get a card and perform the basketball skill the suggested number of times found on the card. When they finish they run and exchange the card for a new one. We usually perform the activity for about 6-7 minutes.
Here are some of the Basketball Skills we use:
1. 20 Left Handed Dribbles
2. 20 Right Handed Dribbles
3. 15 Left Handed Dribbles
4. 15 Right Handed Dribbles
5. 10 Left Handed Dribbles
6. 10 Right Handed Dribbles
7. Run 1 Lap around the gym while alternating your dribble.
8. Run 2 Laps around the gym while alternating your dribble.
9. Perform 5 Free-Throw Jump Shots. How Many did you make?
10. Perform 5 Lay-Ups with your Right Hand.
11. Perform 5 Lay-Ups with your Left Hand.
12. Alternate hands while dribbling.
13. Dribble around the body
14. Dribble at a low level 20 times.
15. Dribble waist high 20 times.
Make several of your own! I would use these Skills and then make 2 of each.
- Easier Cards/skills
- Shorter Baskets
- Smaller balls
| MoreEmail Lesson
|Email Lesson||Download as pdf|
Submitted by Jason Steele who teaches at Perkett and Roosevelt Elementary in Minot, ND. Thanks for contributing to PE Central! Posted on PEC: 11/11/2010.Viewed 33111 times since 10/24/2010.
There are currently no comments to display. Be the first to add a comment!