Note: Missing information is the result of the school district or submitter not providing this information.
Position Name/Title: Assistant Professor in the Department of Health, Physical Education and Exercise Science
Grade Level of Opening: PE Pedagogy
Application Deadline: 05/01/2017
Job Description & Information:
Norfolk State University is seeking 2 full time faculty positions. Access the applications via the links below:
Norfolk State University is seeking innovative, creative and engaging faculty to serve as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Health, Physical Education and Exercise Science. This nine-month tenure track position will begin August 2017. The Departmentís program areas include, health fitness; exercise science with a concentration in nutrition; and health and physical education. Teacher Licensure and Non-Teacher Licensure programs are also offered. All teacher licensure programs are approved by the Virginia Department of Education and Accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Reporting directly to the Chair of the Department of Health, Physical Education and Exercise Science, the successful candidate will:
1. Teach classes in health and physical education, exercise science, and health fitness.
2. Collaborate with the department head to enhance academic programs.
3. Participate in research and other scholarly activities to secure external funding.
4. Participate in the departmentís assessment program using TK20 and other software.
5. Serve on School and university committees.
6. Lead recruitment initiatives.
7. Have knowledge of the accrediting bodies of all programs in the department (CAEP, CAAHEP, ACSM0), and support the department and the School of Education in other duties assigned.
8. Additional responsibilities include, on-line class instruction, mentoring, registering and advising students.
*Review of applications and material will begin immediately and continue thereafter until final candidate is selected.
For more information on the department, visit https://www.nsu.edu/education/hpeexs/.
NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Posting will be removed from PE Central: 5/31/2017
This is the person for all candidates to contact if they need more information about the job.
Name: Ann-Catherine Sullivan
Application Information and Details
Where applicant materials should be sent.
Attn: Department Chairperson
October 2, 2001