|Download as pdf|
Name of Activity:
Purpose of Activity:To use a card system similar to those used in some sports to help students behave.
Prerequisites:Students need to know the rules of the class and expectations for appropriate behavior.
Suggested Grade Level:3-5
Materials Needed:Yellow cards and red cards made from cardboard.
Description of Idea
At the beginning of the year I tell my students about sports warning cards used in Volleyball and their meaning. I also state that many other sports utilize cards as a means of keeping control of the game. In a game situation cards are given for unsportsman-like conduct, disrespectful behavior toward others, etc. In my class the cards are used as follows:
- 1st Yellow Card - Warning (quiet down)
- 2nd Yellow Card - Warning (reminder) after two warnings a red is automatic
- Red Card - Point taken away
Each class enters the gymnasium with 4 points.
- 1 point for entering quietly
- 1 point for listening quietly to directions
- 1 point for participation and teamwork during class
- 1 point for lining up quietly to leave
| MoreEmail Lesson
|Email Lesson||Download as pdf|
Submitted by Pat Fisher who teaches at Middletown Elementary School in Middletow , MD . Thanks for contributing to PE Central! Posted on PEC: 3/2/2001.Viewed 47228 times since 8/24/2001.
There are currently no comments to display. Be the first to add a comment!